Have you heard about the vision for a Million Women Drummer Gathering 2013 articulated by Ubaka Hill? (www.millionwomendrummers.com) It’s intent is to celebrate and honor our women’s drum tradition and the relationship we have to Earth’s trees that are the origin of our drums.
- Read more about Ubaka Hill.
- Build a DrumTree Puppet - The DrumTree puppet will dance to our drums for the evening performance and will come with us to the 2013 Gathering. If you are interested in being a part of a small group to help build this and to learn how to bring it to life on stage, contact us.
The Womens Drum Center is taking an active role in creating local drum events that express the evolving women’s drum tradition in North American and initiate tree planting in our communities that lead up to this historic gathering. We are making a call to women drummers and women drum groups across Minnesota to come together for this 2013 event.
- Come drum in intentional circle and actively help plan and participate in events. Learn drumsongs that carry meaning for the 2013 gathering.
- Gain more awareness of our women’s drum traditions
- Learn about the wood your drum is made of and the gifts trees give to the health of our environment.
- Get updates on the national and international planning activities and events.
“It is our time as co-creators and custodians of the evolving women’s drum tradition.
It is our turn.”
Instructor: Deborah Cuneo
Fee: $5 - $10 suggestion
Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Registration and pay cash or check upon arrival at class
Program registration for payment upon arrival